Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Amazing! Curried Sweet Potato Soup

Eating healthy doesn't have to be boring or bland. I found a recipe yesterday for what seemed like a really simple soup with few ingredients. I like simple. Sadly, I can't locate the original recipe, but once I do, I'll add the link here to that site!

Ingredients
* 1 large onion (chopped)
* 2 sweet potatoes (cubed)
* 1 apple (we used Fuji, cubed)
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* Pinch of Salt
* 2 tsp Curry Powder
* 3-4 cups of broth (we used Better Than Broth Chicken)

That's it! First, you need to heat up the oil in a large pot (nonstick is best). Sauté the onion until lightly browning. Add the sweet potatoes and apple with the salt and curry powder. Cook until you see that some of the sweet potatoes and apple scorch on the bottom of the pot and stir often.

sweet potato love
Don't worry if the pot seems dry, as soon as you see some scorching, add the 3-4 cups of broth and bring to a boil. We used about 3 because I wanted a thicker soup. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. I chopped them into small pieces, so they cooked quickly. Once the potatoes are soft, puree the soup.

hand blender works best
If you don't have a hand blender, you can transfer everything from the pot to a blender. You can puree as much or as little as you want. I like a fairly smooth soup.

time to eat!
I should've waited for my boyfriend before digging in, but I had a taste and WOW. The flavor of this soup is so amazing. I had a bowl right away. And then another. I wanted more, but decided it would be just as good tomorrow. Can't wait for lunch tomorrow!

yummy-goodness

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that does look yummy!! I'll have to try it out when it's not so hot! :S Or maybe try it chilled? hmmmmm


    Much Love,
    Trissta

    ReplyDelete