Sunday, July 24, 2011

8 Weeks to a Better Me: Week Two

First things first, let's discuss last week's goals. 

1. Figure out how to make pictures look better on my blog...

I fixed some pictures that were not showing up correctly, and tried to find solutions online for making my pictures look better, but no luck yet...


2. Take better photos, taking care to set up great shots...
I actually haven't had a chance to take any pictures as my camera was left at home. :(


3. Explore new blogs and comment on them (instead of just reading!)...
I did this one! I started following a few new blogs and commented on several as I read them. :)


So last week was not exactly a success, but given the circumstances (friends visiting (yay!) and very little computer time), I'll cut myself some slack. ;)




Time for Week Two: Fitness!


I am very excited about this week because I used to exercise quite a bit, just a year ago. I was training for a triathlon and although it was impossible at first, I quickly developed a habit and it became part of my daily routine. I loved it. Then life happened, I moved to another city, fell down the stairs and severely injured my ankle and things stopped happening. I stopped moving as much.


And you know what, I miss it! So let's do this!



1. Go running at Memorial Park at least twice this week
2. Go to Yoga and challenge myself
3. Drink lots and lots of water

My problem lately has been motivation, so I've looked up a few things to get me going.


This is amazing!

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. -Jim Ryan
I once read that even if you really don't want to workout (or do something else),
talk yourself into just going for ten minutes and you'll usually find that once
you've started, it's easy to keep going. 




What motivates you? 

2 comments:

  1. I think writing down your goals is a great idea! Especially on your blog. When you post it for other people, its like you are forced to follow through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tip I learned from other bloggers: when editing photos for the blog do not use the blogger.com uploader because it tends to make your images fuzzier than normal.

    ReplyDelete