Saturday, July 16, 2011

Jewelry Tree

Back in May, I mentioned that I wanted to create a jewelry tree like the one from this awesome blogger. Here is what her finished product looked like:


It's gorgeous, right? Well, I actually completed this project back in June, but forgot to blog about it. Since then, I have managed to lose all the "in progress" pictures and all I have to show you are the pictures of the final product. Sorry!

How to make a jewelry tree in three easy steps:
1. Find a branch with plenty of character
2. Spray paint said branch any color you like
3. Attach nicely painted branch to some device that will hold it upright

I found a branch in the front yard and spray painted it silver. I had an old red flower pot that I painted black and filled with plaster of paris to hold the branch. That's how easy it was and you could do this in as little as an hour. Here is my jewelry tree:

Just after I finished it

Close up of the branches

Close up of the plaster of paris - I use the base to hold miscellaneous items of jewelry



I used a different technique, but I think it turned out really nicely. It also gives me more reason to go out and buy more (yay!) jewelry. Like I really need a reason. What do you think of my version of the jewelry tree?

1 comment:

  1. Omg I effing love it!!! Looks great in person, too :)

    ReplyDelete